Saturday, January 7, 2006

Every Time Two Fools Collide

I was listening to some real bad '70s country music on iTunes tonight and Every Time Two Fools Collide by Kenny Rogers and Dottie West played. It reminded me that I saw them in the late '70s/early '80s at the Nebraska State Fair in Lincoln. My girlfriend-at-the-time and I saw them at the Devaney Center and then saw Crystal Gayle a few days later. I guess I was going through a country ballad phase at the time -- or maybe hormones were raging, I don't recall.

This memory sent me hunting through my old photo albums and I found this photograph I took of Kenny and Dottie at the concert. We had pretty decent seats, but I never got a good clear shot of them using my trusty old Canon A-1 and my telephone lens.

Sadly, Dottie West was killed in an auto accident in 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment