Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I wish I was an iPhone app developer...

...because I have a great idea for a new app.

Earlier today I took an old Mega Millions ticket to the grocery store and used the lotto scanner to see if I won anything. I didn't win, of course, but it occurred to me that this would make a great app for the iPhone (or Android or BlackBerry!). I can already refill my mother's Walgreen's prescriptions by scanning the barcode and ordering the refills. I can sell an item on eBay by scanning its barcode and setting a price. I can also do price comparisons by using the RedLaser app (owned by eBay). I can also buy coffee at Starbucks by scanning my account number at the check-out counter. Why can't I check my Mega Millions or Powerball tickets to see if I won anything??

To be fair, there are some apps out there that will check your numbers, but they require that you enter your ticket numbers by hand. The technology should be the same as the scanner I used earlier today at the lotto retailer.

Wish I knew an app developer.......

Posted via email from SteveCorneli.us