Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sweet emotion

I was trying to come up with a clever headline to use with this post. The Chicago White Sox won the American League pennant Sunday night and advance to the World Series for the first time since 1959. In fact, I was going to use "Party Like It's 1959" as my headline, but a couple of the newspaper headline writers had the same idea.

I stayed up late (for me) Sunday night to watch the game and some of the postgame coverage. I had "threatened" my 10-year old son that I would wake him up and pour champagne over his head if the Sox won. I didn't do it, but I might do it if the Sox win the World Series.

I went on the Internet today at noon to see if I could get Series tickets. They sold out after 18 minutes and I never even got into the site. The cheapest seat has a $120 face value and I've seen tickets on StubHub and eBay go for thousands. Guess I'll watch it on TV.

I've already seen a World Series game anyway. I saw Game #7 of the 1985 World Series with the Kansas City Royals beating the St. Louis Cardinals 11-0 at Royals Stadium in Kansas City.

The Sox have four more games to win in order to be world champions. I wonder what the Vegas odds were last March!

No comments:

Post a Comment