Monday, November 29, 2004

The Da Vinci Code

Last month I bought a copy of The Da Vinci Code on eBay. I like books about drama and intrigue, secret agents and double agents. My favorite authors are Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, John Grisham plus an occasional Caleb Carr. I heard a lot of good things about The Da Vinci Code, so when the prices got reasonable on eBay, I took a chance. I started reading it a couple of weeks ago.

I usually read about 15-20 pages each night. I find that reading relaxes me, makes me drowsy and is the perfect way to end a stressful day. I'm now two-thirds of the way through the book and so far I love it.

The movie version is suppose to come out in 2005 and will be directed by Ron Howard. Tom Hanks has been cast as Robert Langdon, the male lead. Somehow I see the Langdon character as an older person, more professorial in nature similar to Indiana Jones. (Not as old as Harrison Ford, but he would have been my choice if the book had been written ten years ago.) The role of Sophie Neveu, the female lead, hasn't been announced, but Rachel Weisz seems to me to be the perfect actress for the part. She has been in a number of movies, including The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Enemy at the Gates and The Runaway Jury. I don't have a clue who will eventually get the role.

The book is a definite keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment