Thursday, November 11, 2004

Veterans Day 2004

Today is Veterans Day and I want to thank all of the veterans for their service to our country and for their personal sacrifice. My grandfather and my father were veterans of World War I and World War II respectively and my grandfather was seriously wounded in France.

A special thanks to those men and women serving in the Middle East and to their families and friends who live with a great deal of uncertainty.

Thanks also to my good friend Henry who, although not a veteran of armed conflict, was stationed with the Air Force in West Germany. In the late-1960s, Henry nonetheless helped save Western Europe from the evils of Communism by keeping those latrines neat and clean for the officers!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:12 PM

    Steve,

    Thank you for mentioning my stellar military record to the world. Yes, I did defend freedom overseas in the 60s, and many German ladies may still remember "Sergeant Hank" as a military hero. (I wish I had one tenth the action now that I took for granted then.) A happy Veterans Day to you and yours.

    Henry

    ReplyDelete