Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Frankly, my dear...

The American Film Institute today released their list of the 100 top movie quotes of all time. To probably nobody's surprise, Rhett Butler's "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" from Gone With The Wind was voted #1. In order, movies making the remainder of the top 10 included The Godfather, The Wizard of Oz, Casablance, On The Waterfront, Sudden Impact, Sunset Boulevard, Star Wars (Episode IV), All About Eve and Taxi Driver.

One of my favorite movie lines was not on the list...nor would I expect it to be considered. It was Bluto Blutarsky's line from Animal House:
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Now that I think about it, a couple of lines from Caddyshack were not included either.

No comments:

Post a Comment