Saturday, December 4, 2004

Christmas in Connecticut

At this time of year, Lisa and I dust off the DVDs, VHS tapes and, yes, laserdiscs that comprise our holiday movie collection. I like most of the holiday movies (I guess that's OK for a man to admit!), but one of my favorites is the original Christmas in Connecticut. I say "original" because I refer to the 1945 version, not the 1992 remake. The original stars Dennis Morgan, Barbara Stanwyck and Sydney Greenstreet. Unfortunately, the movie isn't available on DVD yet, but our laserdisc player still works fine so it will have to suffice for now.

Oh, here's some trivia I learned from the Internet Movie Database site: the Connecticut home is the same set used for 1938's Bringing Up Baby starring Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn.

Well, time to go pop some popcorn and watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment