Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas thoughts

I like choral music at Christmastime. I like it anytime, really, but especially at Christmas. My mom was the church choir organist so my job as a little boy was to turn pages for her during the Christmas Eve midnight mass service. I guess when that's one of your earliest Christmas memories it stays with you forever. I like the sound of a well-tuned choir with the various voices blending together to create glorious music.

I have about a 30-minute drive to work and listen to WFMT, the Chicago classical music station, in the morning. This week they've been playing all of the classical Christmas music. It puts a person in a nice, reflective mood when starting the day.

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer has its place too, but I prefer choral music especially on Christmas night.

Happy holidays everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment