Thursday, December 30, 2004

New Year's Resolutions

I don't like to make resolutions for the new year. The first of the year seems like an odd time to resolve to do things differently for the entire year. I don't know how many times I've sworn to change some aspect of my behavior only to forget about it days or weeks into the year.

This year I'm going to yield to my human imperfection and make weekly resolutions. Thus, if I can change my behavior for the first week, maybe I can do it for the next week, and the week after that and so forth. Here then are my three resolutions for the week beginning Sunday, January 2nd through Saturday, January 8th:
  1. Smile at least 1 minute every waking hour. (I'm starting off with an easy one since I'm always smiling anyway.) I read somewhere that it take less muscles to smile than to frown and I figure who needs a muscle strain!
  2. Don't procrastinate. If something needs to be done now, just do it! (Hmmm, I wonder if I can trademark that phrase?)
  3. Get a haircut. (Another easy one, but I'm trying to build momentum.)

I'm really going to make these resolutiuons work this coming week. Happy New Year everyone!

Resolution update: I got my haircut Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment