Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Google updates Picasa photo software

Several months ago I downloaded a free photo-organizing software package. I already have Paint Shop Pro at home and have access to Photoshop at work, but I wanted to try out this software. The software is called Picasa and had recently been purchased by Google. I tried it out and also its companion software called Hello -- photo-sharing software and can be used to post pictures to something called a Blogger weblog!

Obviously, this was all before I learned about blogs and Blogger.

Anyway, I really like the way that Picasa organizes my digital photo collection. I can set it up to automatically scan my hard drive to find new pictures. It helps me organize old family photos that I've scanned and have posted on my family blog.

On Monday, Google announced that they updated Picasa to version 2. I plan to upgrade to version 2 this week. Picasa remains free software. A great value.

No comments:

Post a Comment